You're welcome to take a tour of our lovely cat shelter in Swanwick, in return for a donation of cat food or litter. To make an appointment, or to discuss rehoming one of our rescue cats, please get in touch using one of the methods below. We regret we are unable to rehome kittens under six months to homes where there is a child under five.

Opening hours: Visits by appointment only please. Tues-Sun (closed Mon), 11am-4pm. Volunteers 8am-6pm.
Email: janelynegar@gmail.com
Call: 07941 806536.
Adoption fee: £75 (£20 deposit to reserve)
We also have a boarding cattery that helps support the rescue side of things, check out our beautiful cattery on www.woodlandnookboardingcattery.com and our fabulous reviews on yell.com

Sunday 30 March 2014

Charcoal Charlie, a poem by Hannah

Woodland Nook volunteer Hannah has written this poem about an owner’s devotion to their pet.


Charcoal Charlie 

I wake to hear a purring sound 
As I climb into my dressing gown 
I wander to the kitchen light
My furry love is sure in sight 

“Good Morning Charlie,” I welcome him 
A ball of fluff on a charcoal skin 
He welcomes me with his cries in the air 
A meow and purr to his despair 

His bowl all empty I know it’s true 
It’s what an owner has to do 
I place his meat on silver tray 
And watch my Charlie eat away 

A buzz of bees as I open the door 
I know my Charlie’s wanting more 
His feed and platter all cleaned away 
And hear his paws then scatter at bay 

Go on my puss be free to have fun 
Cos my Charlie's day has just begun 

Hannah, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment